Well.. It was happened in last two weeks. While chatting with my sis in msn, she said that the baby might have 1/99% be a Down Syndrome child. (while for other normal people, the probability to get a Down Syndrome child is just 1/1000%). But it is just a brief body check up. To find out whether the baby really has Down Syndrome or not, it needs to take two weeks for the Singapore Branch Hospital to confirm. After my dad refer this to his doctor friend, he had been told that the 1/99% is quite a high probability to get a child with this disease. Other than that, the doctor found out that my sis has the anemia. And it is quite a high risk for her to have the child.
However, all of us are more focus on the Down Syndrome issue. After my sis and bro-in-law's discussion, they decided that if the baby really is a Down Syndrome child, they might give up the child. Actually when I knew their decision, I really angry about that. Why they want to give up the child? The child is innocent and it knows nothing! But my parents told me that, if they don't give up the baby, both the baby and the parents will feel difficult when the baby grow up later. I really had my hard time in these two weeks. As a middle people, I know how worry they are but I cant tell both sides about that. And not even can share this incident to my siblings because my sis is not willing to let them know.
After the two weeks, thanks god.. my mom brought a good news for me that the baby will not have Down Syndrome. My other sister and brother phoned me and said that I should not be so stupid for not letting them know. "We are in one family, dear" said both my bro and sister. Feel so sorry about that and I'd just cried after hear this sentence. Feel so happy that I can continue to be an auntie and what I'd learnt for this two weeks is - - be grateful about what I'm having now =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment